Tampa Premise Liability Lawyers
Slip and Fall Cases
A Slip and fall is a commonly used phrase to describe a type of negligence case based on a claim that a property owner was negligent by allowing a dangerous condition to exist which leads a person to fall and suffer harm. Slip and fall cases are usually difficult to win in court, because they require you to prove that the property owner either created the dangerous condition in question or the dangerous condition existed for a long enough period of time that the property owner knew or should have known of its existence.
The property owner will likely use the following defenses against your claim:
- The property owner was not negligent: Another person was responsible for the treacherous conditions. The property owner was exercising due diligence and did not even have a reasonable amount of time to discover the due diligence.
- You were at fault: Any person exercising due diligence should have seen the unsafe conditions and avoided them.
Elements you need to prove
You may have a slip and fall case if you can prove the following:
- The property owner knew that the surface was unsafe and chose not to do anything about it.
- The property owner caused the unsafe surface that caused your injury.
- The owner of the property should have known about the unsafe surface, because a reasonable property owner would have discovered the perilous conditions.
If you slip and fall and believe someone else is responsible for your accident, contact our Tampa personal injury law firm as soon as possible. Slip and fall cases can be complex and risky and the right attorney can give you strong legal advice.
Your injury does not have to be your burden. While we cannot relieve your injury, we work hard to ensure justice relieves your burden. Contact an injury lawyer in Tampa at Mac A. Greco, Jr., P.A.