Tampa, FL Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of injury in the U.S. Additionally, such accidents can cause permanent disability or even death.
Some serious injuries caused by car accidents include the following:
- Internal organs: Fractured or broken ribs are common injuries in car accidents. Additionally, the spleen, liver, lungs, heart, and kidneys can experience trauma as a result of a collision.
- Limbs: Any of the limbs or digits may be injured in a car accident. They can be fractured or broken and can require surgery.
- Back and spine injuries: The spine or back can be damaged by a serious impact. The injuries can range from injuries to the muscles and ligaments, fractured vertebras, and herniated disks. The consequences can result in partial or full paralysis or even death.
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can occur even in the absence of positive diagnostic findings. Traumatic brain injuries often result from the head being struck by an external force and can often result after a patient is diagnosed with a concussion or post concussive syndrome.
Recent car accidents
Some car accidents include the following:
- May 2009: A man riding a bicycle was struck by a hit and run driver at night and seriously injured.
- December 2009: A woman in an electric wheel chair was hit by a car and suffered serious injuries.
- December 2009: On 34th Street South, a pedestrian man was struck by a car and killed.
- December 2009: An elderly woman was critically injured on highway U.S. 19 by a hit and run driver.
A St. Petersburg car accident can happen suddenly. You should seek medical attention as soon as possible. If another person is responsible for your injury, you should contact the Tampa injury law firm of Mac A. Greco, Jr. P.A., because you may be entitled to compensation.
For more information on how our car accident lawyers in St. Petersburg can protect your rights if you were involved in a car accident, please read the following:
- Insurance company tactics to avoid accountability
- Causes of auto accidents and following steps after one
- What injury settlements cover
- Common mistakes in an automobile accidents
- Why hire an injury attorney